Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's Time.


Day One- 

It’s time.  It is time to get my life in order.  It is time to get my health in order.  What I have been doing isn’t working and so what does that mean? If what you’ve been doing isn’t working then change it! That is one thing I have learned here and I have had the freedom to do this.  So IT IS TIME!

Fitness Goal 1- Finish Podrunner intervals first day to 5k podcast
Weight loss goal 1- 170lbs by the time I return home. 43 days.

I just completed Podrunner 1st to 5 week 1 today.  It was a half hour and I did well.  The walking is easy because all I ever do in China is walk.  It has been great conditioning for this. If you can walk a solid 30 minutes then you can do week 1.  So it’s some walking and then I believe to be a minute of running.  My goal was to do my very best at the running parts and not stop for the entire 30 minutes.  I was successful in that.  After every minute of running I found myself saying “thank god!” I even had to talk my way through one of them.  Come on you can do this just a little more.  I went .6 miles in 30 minutes of running and walking.  Bonus I did not get hit by a car or bike.  (This is kind of a big deal in China) Have you ever tried to cross a street in China?  Nightmare.

I am not sure on my current weight but at my last weigh in a few weeks ago at a friend’s house I was down about 27 lbs from my first weigh in at Weight Watchers Shanghai.  I think.  I will go to Walmart and weigh myself today or tomorrow.  I figure I have about 18 lbs to go before I return home.  Do able? I don’t know but I am going to try.

Podrunner Intervals also available on iTunes podcasts. FREE!!!

1 comment:

Lalani said...

I love those podrunner podcasts! You told me about them a few years ago and I've been using them and LOVE them. Thanks and good luck!